Alleys - whether to pave or not, to improve the alley on 25th between University and Masonic Cemetery - it is used by bicyclists and walkers, limit to residents, when gravel bed is damaged have party responsible pay for the repair, crompromise between passable and paved, signed but not maintained...
Upgrade of picnic area and playground at Amazon Park
Traffic calming devices - intersection "woonerfs" or other methods
In-fill design standards, commuters, land use code
Logo identity for neighborhood
Welcome students into neighborhood with a Fall Feed and Welcome Packets of neighborhood information
Get to know neighbors better -
Block parties? Neighborhood clean-up parties? Invasive species removal parties?
Abandoned cars, dealing with
Abandoned garbage, dealing with
Dangerous trees on private property
Homes facing the street are pedestrian-friendly
Hand delivery of the neighborhood association newsletter
The QUIET - Can anything be done about yard crews with heavy equipment, noisy employees at the nursing home on 28th and University, the too early morning garbage collection?
From the February 21, 2007, Amazon Neighbors Steering Committee Meeting
Listed as offered:
* value of lots uncertain, valuation deflated because of no recent county updates
* connected houses should have but some do not have owner residents; enforcement is complaint-driven
* a buildable land inventory, current and by neighborhood, can be useful for deliberations about siting and infill
* what about incentives for lot owners to sell, especially larger lots?
* single-family units do not have design standards (3+ units do, but are not R1, the dominant zoning for Amazon Neighborhood)
* current Kincaid Street request for lot dividing not guided by compatibility standards, though Amazon Neighbors should respond to the land owners request
* timely notification and genuine involvement necessary
* what about purpose statements for land use applications?
* some two-story remodels or secondary dwellings not appropriate to setting
* parking issues of 4 bedroom rentals; on-lawn parking a problem
* alleys need improvements if they access new housing
* alley parking blocks through traffic
* UO needs to be included in neighborhood discussions of siting & infill
* are there any sites suited to opportunity siting? along Hilyard and reducing driveways? aggregating lots? row houses? transition/buffer between arterial roadways and single-family residential
* in R1 14 units allowable per acre
* alley potholes and traffic calming, repair or not; alley paving and speeding
* what % of our neighborhood is rental? a growing %?
* quality of life/ livability needs to factored in
Follow up suggestions:
* Receive e-mail from Terri Harding & visit website: www.eugeneplanning.org infill compatibility/opportunity siting
* Tour the neighborhood with Terri Harding to see infill, buildable lots, etc.
* Amazon Neighbors S.C. send Teri Harding these points (Letter) and a more considered response to these issues and opportunities
* Stay involved with these issues at the neighborhood and city levels
Public Comment Letter from ANA re: panhandle lot division